Tie front tops are really big this season, as well as anything blue and white striped. Generally I avoid most trends but stripes are already something I wear and love and the tie front detail looked like a fun and easy way to add a bit of interest to a basic top.
This project should have been very straight forward, quick and easy…but I had to use my seam ripper way too much! I’ve made the York pattern before and was very happy with the fit, so I’m not sure why it didn’t work this time. The bust darts were all wrong; I guess I need to learn how to do a small bust adjustment! I finally completely removed the darts and adjusted the bottom hems to match. I also made the neckline a bit bigger so that I wouldn’t have to add the tie closure.
I’m loving the put-togetherness yet casualness of this shirt. It also pairs really well with my A-Line Skirt. I wore it to the local zoo with my family this weekend. Here are some pictures of this shirt and skirt in action:
This shirt will get tons of wear this summer…easy, comfortable and still on-trend!
I guess it was worth all the unpicking of threads!